Yes! We will simply ask you to send us a photo of your consular card!
Frenquently Asked Questions
– You must be a resident outside the European Union (EU)
– If your passport is from a non-EU country, you do not need to present any other document (unless we or customs ask you to do so)
– If your passport is from an EU country, you need to present other proof that you reside outside the EU (for French citizens, you need to present your consular card)
France, (we are working on adding new countries)
Any store, provided you request a Skiptax invoice
Yes, as long as you request a Skiptax invoice
Most goods, as long as they are exported in your personal luggage.
– Exceptions: firearms, endangered species, drugs…
– If in doubt, write us a message in the chat!
– Services (hotels, restaurants, cabs…) cannot be zero-rated
Yes, the seller must have a French VAT number, and the goods must be delivered in France! Don’t forget the invoice in the name of Skiptax!
Ask for a Skiptax invoice in the store just before you pay for the goods.
– Most stores can issue invoices instantly (this function is integrated in their cash register software).
– Provide the store staff with the required Skiptax invoice information for the country concerned (see Skiptax invoice address in France)
– Stores are legally obliged to provide an invoice upon request!
If you want your name to appear also for warranty or insurance reasons: we recommend you to write your Name First Name
76 Rue de la Pompe
– Store identification (name and address)
– Date of invoice
– Invoice number
– Name of each item purchased
– VAT rate for each purchase (important for stores that sell products at different rates such as grocery stores, pharmacies, FNAC…)
– VAT rate and total amount (per VAT rate)
– Skiptax name as buyer
– Sometimes (rare), the invoice cannot be issued immediately in the store (there can be many reasons: qualified personnel to issue the invoice not available, store refusal, specific procedure to follow…).
– Ask the store staff to annotate the purchase receipt indicating where/how Skiptax can request an invoice afterwards (email address, phone number…).
Note: It is important that the store staff write it down, not you!
– Take a picture of the annotated receipt.
– In most cases, we will then be able to process your refund.
No 🙂 For products with warranties, you just have to put your name c/o Skiptax, and it will be no problem at all !
No, you have to ask for an invoice on behalf of Skiptax. If this changes, we will keep you informed.
Your Tax refund form
– Validation takes place before you check in your luggage (in the departure hall)
2 types of validation :
– Electronic: find a self-service kiosk (PABLO in France) and present the barcode to be scanned.
– Stamp: If the kiosks do not work or if you are leaving Europe through a country other than France, you must find a customs office and present your printed document to a customs officer so that he/she can stamp it, then send it back to us.
– We normally process your form within minutes of receiving your request, as soon as you finish shopping!
No need to print the form if you are leaving the European Union through France! You just have to scan the barcode and we will send it to you on a PABLO terminal provided for this purpose. Find the list of terminals by clicking here
If you leave the European Union through another country than France (for example Belgium or Spain), you have to print the form, have it stamped by a customs officer, and send it back to us at the following postal address : Skiptax, 76 Rue de la pompe, 75016 PARIS
Your refund 💰
– On average 80% of the VAT (example: you buy for 1.200 € VAT included -> 20% VAT rate means 200 € VAT -> you get 170 €)
This rate can be increased by referring friends from the application!
– On average, 30% more than what you are usually refunded
Usually within 48 hours!
* The delay may vary depending on your country of residence, and the time of the year