– No, you should not ⚠️!
– If you do, we cannot process your documents
– Just ask for a ‘domestic invoice’ (with VAT) by showing Skiptax invoice address (don’t even mention it’s for tax-free, it might confuse store staff who would automatically start editing you their own tax form)
How long it takes to verify uploaded invoicesuser2020-12-31T14:35:55+00:00
– On average 80% of VAT (example: you buy for € 1.200 VAT included -> 20% VAT rate means € 200 VAT -> you get € 170)
– On average 15% more than what you are usually being refunded
– Chat with us if you want to know your exact refund for a purchase
How fast do I get my refund ?user2020-12-31T14:35:55+00:00
– You need to be a resident outside of the European Union (EU)
– If your passport is from a non-EU country, no need to show any other document (unless requested by us or by Customs)
– If your passport is from an EU country, you need to show other evidence that you reside outside of the EU (for French citizens, you must show your consulate card)
Skiptax invoice address in Franceuser2020-12-31T14:36:16+00:00
– Identification of the store (name and address)
– Invoice number
– Description of each line item
– VAT rate for each line item (important for stores selling products with different rates such as grocery stores, pharmacies, FNAC…)
– VAT rate and total amount (per VAT rate)
– Identification of the buyer (Skiptax)
How to request a Skiptax invoiceuser2021-04-08T10:39:11+00:00
Request a Skiptax invoice in store right before paying for the goods.
– Most stores can edit invoices instantly (this function is integrated into their cash register software).
– Provide store staff with the required Skiptax invoice information for the relevant country (see Skiptax invoice address in France)
– Stores have the legal obligation to provide an invoice when requested!
If you want your name to also appear for warranty or insurance reasons: we recommend you to write
your Last Name/First Name and then c/o Skiptax 76 Rue de la Pompe 75016 Paris
How to upload an invoiceuser2020-12-31T14:35:54+00:00
– Electronic validation: nothing, we will be notified electronically.
– Stamp validation: take a picture of your stamped form and sent it on the app or at email@example.com (make sure you do this even if the agent stamping your form proposes to keep it and send it back to us!)
Most goods, as long as they are exported in your personal luggage.
– Exceptions: firearms, endangered species, drug substance…
– In case of doubt, drop us a line in the app.
– Services (hotels, restaurant, taxis…) cannot be purchased tax-free.
Can I get a tax refund as a french expat ?user2020-12-31T14:35:32+00:00